Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Mystery Moon~Episode #4

Mystery Moon~Episode #4
Sheriff Biscaluz walked up on the porch where Lloyd Val and Hub were sitting. “We found the Model T. It was stuck back in those woods back of the public camping grounds. What’s going on back there?”
“Have a seat, Sheriff. What do you mean?” Hub asked.
` “My guys found evidence that a group has been camping there for sometime,” the Sheriff said.
“Oh. You know what? Those may be my Gypsies,” Hub said.
“Your Gypsies?” Lloyd Val asked.
“In a manner of speaking,” Hub said. “I gave them permission to camp on my place. They come around about this time every year.”
“They sure made a mess of your camp grounds,” the Sheriff said.
“They always do but they’re basically good folk,” Hub said.
“They don’t have a good reputation,” the Sheriff said.
“I’ve never had a problem with them,” Hub said.
“I wonder if they stole the Model T. Did your wife know they were here?”
“Opal found them quite fascinating. She always hung around the camp, talking, listening to their music, watching their dancing, I think someone in the band wrote to her, and told when they were coming,” Hub said.
“I’m surprised you didn’t keep a closer watch on them, particularly since you wife had a special interest,” the Sheriff said.
“I never felt the need for that. Jose kept track of what they were doing and I know he watched out for Opal. He didn’t like the mess but I know they paid him to clean up the place when they left.”
“The gypsies add another dimension to the problem of your wife’s disappearance,” the Sheriff said.
“Really? We’ve always treated them well. Let them use our water and waste facilities. We don’t charge them for the camp grounds They earn quite a bit of money while they’re here. They sell a lot of their crafts. Like outdoor furniture. Several are good mechanics and they work cheap,” Hub said.
“No complaints from the neighbors?”
“Hm. Now that I think of it there was a complaint a couple of years ago when a teen age girl decided to run away from home. She left the county with the gypsies,” Hub said.
“Do you know where they go when they here?”
“I heard Opal say they went to Bolsa Chica. That’s in Orange County near where Opal used to live,” Hub said.
“Now that is very interesting,” Lloyd Val said.
“Why do you say that?” Hub asked.
“I think the fog is beginning to lift,” Lloyd Val said.
“My boys didn’t find anything except a pair of women’s shoes in the tack room,” The Sheriff said.
“Opal changed into boots when she went ridding,” Hub said.
“I think I’ll phone Sheriff Music in Orange county and ask him to see if the Gypsies have reached Bolsa Chica yet,” the Sheriff said.
“Would you mind, Sheriff, if I had my attorney look into that?” Lloyd Val asked.
“Is that alright with you Mr. Kemp?”
“Okay,” Hub said.
“What’s your attorney’s name?”
“Sheldon Mitchell,” Lloyd Val said. “He’s well-known in LA and Orange county.”
The Sheriff scribbled a note in his pad. “Fine, but I want a copy of his report to you.” “You can always call Sheriff Music if the report doesn’t satisfy you but I think it could very well solve the case for you,” Lloyd Val Halovitch said.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Bob,
Good go on your blog. Keep it up!
Jim DeG